Inflatable boats are extensively used all over the world. The main reason behind the popularity of these boats is that they are less vulnerable to capsizing and can be managed easily. When it comes to water transportation Rigid Inflatable Boats (RIB Boats) deserve special mention. Conceptualized first in the Britain, this kind of boats are known for being sturdy and hard. It is because of their diverse utility that these kinds of boats are in use across the globe. Though previously these boats were mainly used by the army and the law enforcement agencies, at present they are also available for civilian use.
There are various essential parts and features that are required to make inflatable boats.
- Engine- The engine or motor is the most important part of the Rigid Inflatable Boats. The engine needs to be light in weight and at the same time should be powered with high capacity motor. Usually the engines for inflatable boats are made to have maximum 300 hp, though engines with higher capacity can be manufactured according to the need.
- Tubes- The border of the engine is shaped by the tubes. These tubes are important part and these are made of either PVC or Hypalon. The tubes are featured with an air release valve for preventing air puncture that can bring disaster.
- Hull- The shape of the hull is generally made in shadow of the English alphabet 'v' so that it can cut through water at ease. Two types of hulls are used in Rigid Inflatable Boats and these are shallow ones for lesser speed and deep and profound ones for faster movement. As far as the material is concerned, there are aluminum and fiberglass of which the hull is made but fiberglass happens to be the most effective ones.
Inflatable boats are generally available on special order for the buyer and so it is essential for the buyer to visit the website of the manufacturer and place an order according to their requirement. Clients can also save a few extra bucks if they are able to choose properly.
Rib and Fiberglass Advantages:
1. Design: Experienced Technicians and engineers creat unique and customers design
2. Hull Structure: Longitudinal and transverse keel jointed configuration to make more stronger
The open deck, convenient to repair and maintain fuel tank
3. FRP Material:
A. Resing and Gel-coat material are all ASHLAND from America
B. PVC core replace traditional plywood core inside to ensure fiberglass deck stronger,lighter and more waterproof
4. Manufacture Technology:
VACUUM ABSORPTION to make fiberglass hull high intensity and tenacity
5. Pontoon/ Tube Structure Advantages:
PVC material from Germany MEHGIES
Hypalon material is ORCA, which from Italy,France, Taiwan